Welcome to telehealth at Ascendant. We us a HIPAA compliant version of Zoom with the highest security settings to protect your privacy. We never record sessions.
You may use your smart phone, a tablet or computer for the appointment. Just make sure you have working speakers and camera and an internet connection.
Shown below are step by step instructions.
Step 1: 48 hours prior to your telehealth appointment, please make sure that you have completed and returned any form(s) we requested.
Step 2: Within 24 hours of your appointment you will be receiving a link, in either an email or text message, that allows you to access your appointment in Zoom.
Step 3: 15 minutes prior to your appointment plan on downloading the Zoom app if you have not used Zoom before. To get the app go to https://zoom.us/.
Step 4: A few minutes prior to your appointment time, click on the Zoom link. Be certain to have your audio and video turned on. Please allow your provider up to ten minutes after the scheduled meeting start time as sometimes, just as in the office, their previous appointment might run a few minutes long.
If after 10 minutes you have not had contact with your provider, please reach out to our Front Desk staff for assistance at (801) 872-5516.
5 Tips for an Optimal Session
- It is very important that you have privacy and that your provider can clearly see and hear you.
- Choose a meeting location that will provide you privacy, which may be in your car.
- If this is an appointment for your child, be sure and provide your child the same level of privacy they would have in the clinic. For young children, parents should be present during the session unless the provider asks to speak with the child alone.
- Choose a setting with minimal background noise and attempt to be in front of a wall where there is not a distracting background. Do your best to keep the camera focused on you from the shoulders up. If you are the parent of a child who is receiving treatment, please make sure the child is propped up so that the provider can clearly see them in the video.
- Choose a setting with good lighting. A window behind you may cause a darkening glare.
If for any reason you need to cancel your appointment, please do so 24 hours prior to your appointment. If you do not cancel and/or reschedule your appointment in advance, your payment card on file may be charged a no-show fee.
Any copay or deductible due at time of service will be charged to your payment card on file after your appointment has started.